Woke up around 12:45am with bad cramping/contractions. Tried changing positions, drinking water, etc and nothing worked. So we headed to the hospital, arrived around 2:15ish and went to triage. I was hooked up to the monitor, contractions were coming regularly every 2-4 minutes, baby was looking great though. I was given an shot to stop contractions, which worked. A few hours later the contractions had stopped, was able to come off the monitors and Igot a shot of steroids, to increase his lung maturity in case he comes early. The bad part is that I have to get the steroid shot in the butt every 6 hours for at least 24hrs!! : (
Around 10:45am, they hooked me back up to the monitor to check out baby and contractions. Good part baby still looked great, bad part contractions started up again! Again they were coming fairly regular, 3-10 min. This time I took a half dose (30mg) of nifedipine, which is what I was on at home (60mg) and am to continue while in the hospital. By about 1:30pm the contractions had stopped again. So for the time being we are just hanging out. We will be here for at least 24 hrs, but it really just depends on baby and how the contractions go.
We would greatly appreciate your prayers for him to keep looking great, and for the contractions to stop. We would really like him to be inside for another 4 weeks or so. I will continue to update the blog as things change.
Our Neglected Blog is Back!
14 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment