So here is an update as to what is going on with me and our baby boy.
At my 24 week appointment I was measuring big so they wanted to do a growth ultrasound to see how big he really was. When they measured my stomach he was measuring 30 weeks...I was only 24-25 weeks!! So this past Tuesday we went for our growth ultrasound. Our baby boy is measuring on the big side, but not as big as they thought! He is 2lbs (71% for weight), head/length were between 26-27 weeks, I was only 25 weeks. Unfortunately at the same time they noticed that I was having signs of preterm labor. So I was put on modified bed rest, told not to work, and given a medication to stop contractions, and was schedule for another appointment on Friday (today).
So at today's appointment we found out that I am still showing signs of preterm labor, but it looks better than it did on Tuesday. So for the time being I am not allowed to work and need to continue with modified bed rest and I will continue taking the medication until my doctor decides that it would be okay for me to possibly go into labor. My job, 12 hour shifts as a nurse on the pediatric floor is too strenuous for my body right now. She said that if I had a desk job she would've allowed me to continue with work, just decrease the number of hours.
Our next appointment is December 2nd. This is something that we will be monitoring until our baby boy gets here. At each appointment she will decide if I can increase my activity and possibly go back to work a day or two a week, or if I have to actually go on full bed rest.
Please pray that our baby boy calms down and settles back in for many more weeks!! We are very excited to meet him, but are not ready for that yet!!
Our Neglected Blog is Back!
14 years ago

3 comments:
Paula-How stressful! We'll definitely keep you our prayers! I hope you have plenty to keep you busy at home!!!
I want to come and pretend that I'm on modified bed rest too!! I'll bring large pizza's and episodes of Dawson's Creek like the good old days! haha!
Hope you guys continue to do well...you guys are in our thoughts. E, you better take good care of Paula...:) hope to see you guys soon. Dave & Jenn
Post a Comment