Thursday, April 2, 2009

Update

Its hard to believe that Colton is almost 1 month old!! We have our 1 month appointment with the pediatrician next week. We are very excited to see how much he has grown. So far Erik and I have been very lucky, Colton is a pretty calm baby. He doesn't really cry or fuss much, just of course if he is hungry or needs a diaper change. We have also been able to get a decent amount of sleep for having a newborn. Colton usually eats every 3-5 hrs, and at night he goes back to sleep quickly after eating.

I have tried the whole breastfeeding thing again, and its working out great! I am still pumping, so he does also eat from a bottle. It makes it nice for me to have help with the feeding. Colton goes between bottle and breastfeeding very well.

March 18th we had our first pediatrician appointment. It went great! We really love Dr. Thomas! She is young, knowledgable, and takes the time to talk with us about our questions and concerns. She is also willing to do my alternative vaccination schedule. I believe in vaccines and Colton will be fully vaccinated. I just do not think little babies with little immature immune systems need to be bombarded with so many vaccines at one time. So we are just spacing them out more. It does mean more visits, therefore more time consuming, but we feel its worth it. At that appointment Colton was up to 8lbs 8oz. Since he was almost back to birth weight she said we no longer had to wake him to eat. If he wanted to go 6 hrs between feedings that was okay. We were hoping he would do that overnight, so far hasn't happened yet!

We are still getting used to having a baby around the house and finding our new 'normal', but we wouldn't change a thing. Colton has already brought so much love and happiness into our lives we can't imagine them without him!!

1 comment:

The Wi Family said...

Soooo cute!! What an adorable little guy. I'm so glad that breastfeeding is going better for you! I can't believe that he's a month old already!! Crazy how time flies huh???